While paired and connected with your smartphone The Dash works as a Bluetooth headset and enables you to answer incoming phone calls without having to interact with your smartphone.
An incoming call overrules any other ongoing activities so in case music is playing, this will automatically fade down and pause and you will hear the ringtone notifying you that a call is incoming.
Answer or reject a call
- When a call is is incoming you will hear a ringtone on The Dash.
- To answer the call you can simply nod your head when you hear the ringtone.
- Rejecting the call can be done by shaking your head when you hear the ringtone.
The head gestures, are referred to as »Macros« by Bragi. The Macros are by default switched on, but can be switched off in the Bragi App. The sensitivity and accuracy of the Macros is improved by calibrating your Dash.
You can also use the EarTouch interface to either answer or reject an incoming call.
- To answer, tap The Right Dash
- To reject the call, hold The Right Dash for 1 second until you hear a sound icon.
Incoming calls can be answered simply by inserting The Dash into your ears.
- When your phone is ringing you can answer the call simply by inserting The Dash into your ears.
*This requires your phone and The Dash to be previously paired via Bluetooth Classic.
Adjust the volume of the call
In an ongoing call you can use swipe gestures on The Right Dash to adjust the volume of the call.
- Swipe forwards to turn the phone volume up.
- Swipe backwards to turn the phone volume down.
Please note, that the volume of your phone is not synced with that of your The Dash. Learn more about the Master Volume here.
End a call
To end a call, just hold The Right Dash for a second until you hear a sound icon.
Place a call on hold
The Dash currently does not support placing an ongoing call on hold. This must be be done via the interface on your phone.
iOS users only: On iOS devices, during an ongoing call a tap will be accompanied with sound feedback, however, with the current software (2.0) no "hold-the-call" action is triggered as stated above.
Transfer call audio from The Dash to your phone
With both incoming and ongoing calls, you can transfer the call audio from The Dash to your phone:
- Remove The Dash from you ears.
- The call will automatically get transferred back to your phone within a few seconds.*
- Alternatively you can transfer the call via the interface on your phone.
* If you remove The Dash to a position outside The Charger e.g. pockets or your hand it may lead to the call not being transferred correctly as The Dash may still believe to be inserted in your ears.
Transfer call audio from phone to The Dash
With both incoming and ongoing calls you can transfer the call audio to from your phone to The Dash:
- Insert The Dash into your ears.
- You will hear the insertion sound on The Dash, shortly after that it will connect with your phone.*
- The call is automatically transferred to The Dash.
- For incoming calls, The Dash will automatically answer the call when inserted into the ears.
Overview of touch gestures for headset control