The following content applies to Bragi OS 3.0 or higher.
Pair & Connect to your smartphone (or any audio device)
Before you start, make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone.
- Start pairing with a Long Hold (5sec) on The Right Dash until you hear the pairing sound.
- The Dash will now disconnect from any already connected audio device* and is (again) visible to other devices.
- Select "The Dash##" on your smartphone. (Do not select The Dash ##X at this point)
- Depending on the device you are connecting to, the pairing process may take a few moments.
- A voice will tell you: "I am now connected" confirming that the pairing and connection has been successfully completed.
*Disconnecting from an already connected audio device does not affect the Bluetooth connection between The Dash and Bragi App. See further below for more details on how to disconnect The Dash from other devices.
Connect to the Bragi App (or any other smart device or app)
To enable connection to the Bragi App, you need to be paired and connected to a smartphone at least once (see above). Until a connection to your smartphone has been established, The Dash will not be available for connection in the Bragi App (or any other smart device or app).
- Open the Bragi App and follow the guide on how to connect The Dash with the Bragi App.
- Once ready to connect, The Dash will be visible as "The Dash ##X".
- The Bragi App itself will notify you when connection has been successfully completed.
Disconnect The Dash from your phone
The Dash allows you to seamlessly disconnect from a connected device. This gives you fast access to the Internal Music Player or simply switch between paired devices with the use of a single touch gesture.
- To disconnect from an already connected device do a Long Hold (5sec) on The Right Dash.
- The Dash confirms when disconnected and when ready to pair and connect with another device.*
- The pairing time expires if no other device is connected within 2 mins.
Alternatively you can also disconnect The Dash directly from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
*The disconnection does not affect the connection with the Bragi App. More information about connecting/disconnecting from the Bragi App here.
The Dash and your smartphone/computers/Bluetooth speakers etc. will remember if they are already paired with each other. This allows easy re-connection with The Dash. Once inserted, The Dash starts looking for the device to which is was most recently connected. If Bluetooth is enabled on this device, The Dash and said device automatically reconnects.
If you wish to connect to another device, you can either disconnect as described above or turn Bluetooth off on the device you do not want to connect to at this time.
Pairing and Connection Explained
The Dash can keep up to 5 known devices in its internal memory. The devices that occupy the paired devices list (PDL) are positioned relative to when they were last connected to The Dash. In other words, if you should reach the maximum of paired devices The Dash will automatically eject the device with the oldest known connection.