The following content applies to The Dash, The Dash Pro and The Dash Pro tailored by Starkey Hearing Technologies running on Bragi OS 3.0 or higher.
Enjoy the feeling of complete freedom and listen to your favorite songs even without your smartphone at hand (e.g. at the gym or when going for a run). With the Internal Music Player you can listen to music stored locally on The Dash.
Select a Playlist
The Internal Music Player gives you fast access to your favorite music. When entering the playlist menu you can either choose between the 4 playlists or choose the »All Songs« feature which will play all songs stored on The Dash.
- Before you start make sure you are not connected to any external device.
- Hold The Right Dash (1sec) to enter/exit the Playlist Menu.
- Swipe forward or shake your head to skip to next available playlist.
- Swipe backwards to skip to the previous playlist.
- Tap once or nod your head to select a desired playlist. Music playback will then start automatically.
To control the music playback you can use an array of touch gestures on The Right Dash or the 4D Virtual Menu:
- Play/Pause with a Tap or via the Virtual 4D Menu.
- Skip to next song with a Double Tap or by shaking your head within the first 15 secs of a song.*
- Skip to previous song with a Triple Tap.
- Fast Forward with a Double Tap + Hold. The music will resume when you release your finger.**
- Rewind with a Triple Tap + Hold. The music playback will resume when you release your finger.*
Removing The Dash from your ears will automatically pause the music playback. As you re-insert The Dash into your ears the music playback will resume.
*This feature can be toggled in the Bragi App.
**Fast forward and rewind are currently not available for the aac file format.
Shuffle can be enabled/disabled at any time during music playback.
- Open the Right Menu with a Hold.
- You'll be asked: "Browse the menu?"
- Then switch to next menu entry by swiping or by shaking your head.
- Once asked to "Turn shuffle on/off", nod your head or Tap to confirm enable/disable shuffle.
Supported music file formats
The Dash is compatible with audio files that follow these guidelines:
- Any mp3 file with a bitrate of maximum 320kbit/second
- Any m4a format AAC files, such as used by iTunes
- All files must be free from all copy protection and digital rights management.
Do not change the name of the »My Music« folder or the playlist folders as this will make the Internal Music Player and playlists unavailable. Only playlists containing supported music file formats are recognized and will therefore be accessible from within the Playlist Selection Menu. More information on how to manage your playlists can be found here.