The following content applies to The Dash, The Dash Pro and The Dash Pro tailored by Starkey Hearing Technologies running on Bragi OS 3.0 or higher.
The Internal Music Player enables you to utilize the 4 playlists stored locally on The Dash.
It is important not to change any names or delete any pre-existing folders on The Dash as this will prevent the audio player from playing your music. This includes the »My Music« or any of the »Playlist« folders.
Follow these steps to get started customizing the content of your playlists:
- Place The Dash in the charger and make sure it sits on the MagSnap.
- Connect the charger to your computer using the USB Cable.
- Use Finder or Explorer to find the connected device »The Dash«.
- Open the »My Music« folder and find the predefined playlists 1-4.
- Now simply drag and drop your music files into the specific playlist folder or into the »My Music« main directory.*
- You may use sub-folders under Playlist 1-4 to organize your music
*Music files placed in the main directory are only accessible when selecting "All Songs" in the Right Menu.
Remember The Dash is a tiny in-ear computer and copying a large amount of audio files into a single playlist may cause some trouble as it tries to build playlists. This depends on the folder structure of your music and other factors, but as a general guide keep your playlists to a limit of a few hundred songs.
If you wish to remove files please follow the steps below:
- Open »The Dash« USB mass storage.
- Select and move the files you do not want to keep on The Dash anymore into the »Trash« folder on your computer.
- Empty your »Trash« folder on your computer to free up the space on The Dash.
IMPORTANT! Do not delete any pre-existing files or folders on The Dash as this may cause The Dash to malfunction. This includes the »My Music« or any of the »Playlist« folders, the »update.bragi.com.html« as well as the sysinfo.txt file.